Welcome to Frayed Knot- One of the Oldest Guilds on The Rathe Server for Everquest
Current Content and Recent Wins
We are currently raiding content in: The Empire of Kunark Expansion
Farm events are: All targets in TBM and EOK
We have completed all targets in: The Broken Mirror
We have completed all targets in: The Darken Sea
We have completed all targets in: Call of the Forsaken
Welcome to the Frayed Knot DKP system. You will need to sign up for our Forums and please document any problems that you may encounter here, on the boards at Frayed Knot Boards
If you are new to Frayed Knot, or our system, please take the time to read the recruiting information, and the loot rules. It is very important that you know and understand these rules before you raid with us.
Please use your in-game MAIN character name as your Forum account name or it will be deleted.
Recruiting and Guesting Information
Frayed Knot is the oldest raiding guild on The Rathe Server. Most of our members are parts of bygone guilds who still wish to take part in a strategy guild enviroment. We cater to all variety of gaming for Family, Friends, and even the Hardcore. We raid 5 nights a week, Sunday thru Thursday, from 8:15 until 11:30pm EST. This is 7:15-10:30 CST, 6:15-9:30 MST, and 5:15- 8:30 PST. Sunday, Monday and Wednesdays are open to guests to join us, Tuesday and Thursday are Joint Raiding nights with our partner guild Phoenix Rising (PR), Friday and Saturday are always free nights along with most Holidays. We are DKP based (Dragon Kill Points) for all awarded loots for our members and guests. The event and item values vary by tier.
The following represents our current recruitment goals. First off we expect recruits to raid. Raiding is our major focus as a guild. You will be required to meet 40% raid attendance (~2 nights a week) to progress toward membership within the first month. You will be required to keep the minimum during the first week to continue your recruitment with Frayed Knot. The first week is critical in establishing your genuine interest in raiding and becoming acquainted with the guild. If at any point after that first week, but prior to becoming a full member, your raid attendance falls below 25% you can expect to be removed due to inactivity unless a RO overrides the requirement. Conversely, exceeding expectations will increase your Membership bonus after you pass your vote.
Our current needs are as follows:
Hybrid Melee: 2 slots - Bard-Beastlord-Ranger
Healers: 4 slots- Shaman-Cleric-Druid
Casters: 4 slots- Wizard, Mage, Necro, Enchanter
Melee: 2 slots- Berserker, Rogue
As a recruit, you will receive a 300 DKP sign on bonus once you have undergone your entrance parse, and another bonus when you are voted into the guild as a member that is based on your attendance.
a. For passing the vote, you get a bonus of 100 DKP.
b. If your attendance exceeds 60%, you will receive an additional 100 DKP, or 200 DKP total.
c. If your attendance exceeds 80%, you will receive an additional 100 DKP (to the 60% attendance level) or 300 DKP total.
Additionally anyone you state referred you in your application will also receive a bonus.
We many ask you to guest raid with us a few times to ensure that you and Frayed Knot will be a strong match or if our raids are overly full. Those who do not meet these minimum requirements can still apply, but should speak with Darchiva, Espionovsky, Geibahik or any officer for consideration. If you are accepted with less than the minimum requirements, we will expect for you to gain at least a level per week, and to be able to begin regular raiding with us before you will be able to officially begin the recruitment process and progress toward full membership.
Guest are welcomes to raid with us on Sun, Mon, Wed from 8:15-11:15 EST. You are held to the same rules as our membership but with a few limitations. You do not have to complete a membership application or go thru the process.
1. Primary point of contact will be our Gate Keeper- Taza. If Taza is not online you can send a tell to any member of the Frayed Knot to find out who the leader of the raid is.
2. You must be registered on our forums for raid information and with the DKP site in order to record, track and recieve DKP. (you can contact Takr, Kenanna,or Majique in game to activate your acct) Gina is a must. On our Forum is the procedure to setup Gina properly as well as much needed raid information so please sign in and read new content often. We will provide the Gina trigger packs for each raid.
3. You will be asked to join our Auction channel so that you can bid on items posted. Guests are limited to bidding up to 400DKP on any item. Please Know our loot policy so that there are NO mistakes. If our guests do not raid for 90 days or more, your name and DKP will be removed from the system.
Please read below...once you are ready, send a tell to Darchiva, Kiras (Guild and Raid Leader), Taza or any other officer who can help you get setup.
1. If you wish to become a full member of Frayed Knot please complete your application at Write Application. It is highly recommended that on your application that you take some time to make a good first impression by answering all the questions in a clever and insightful manner. Your application will be viewed by all members of Frayed Knot who will use it as the first source to get to know you better. Once you submit your application you will be contacted by a Recruitment Officer as soon as possible. We strive to answer within 3 days. Make yourself available in-game and on the forums. If we do not contact you, contact any officer directly as there may have been an issue with your application.
2. Register with your character name as your user name. If you do not use your Character name you will not be able to recieve your DKP or access to the boards. There is information on the forums that we will expect you to know. If anything comes up that will prevent you from meeting your attendance expectations you need to contact a recruitment officer and post it on the forums on the thread that is provided.
3. GINA triggers are essentially mandatory for all raids. Failing to follow emotes will get you removed from the guild. While it is technically possible to follow emotes without the help of GINA, we strongly recommend you use the tools available to mitigate any potential issues. You will need to download the program and customize it to best suite your needs. There are detailed posts on the Forums on how to install and use GINA.
4. Set up a Multi-bind. It is applicable to every class to some extent. It will help you keep your spells and special attacks on lock out, which means you will have a higher potential output. While it is not the only method to play, it sets a very high level of performance for relatively low effort and allows players to focus more on the event, instead of what they should be clicking next. Some excellent examples are found in our forums. Additional write ups can be found GoBerserker and MagesTower. I recommend moving applicable spells and abilities to hotbar 10, and using the pages to change set up depending on needs.
5. You need to be able to safely navigate to any zone. Have current maps. We recommend Eqresource. Making the guild wait on you is BAD.
6. Maintain at least 40% raid attendance. If at any point during your recruitment period your raid attendance falls below 25%, or if you disappear for 2 consecutive weeks without first speaking to a recruitment officer, your guild membership will be terminated. Once you reach member status your raid attendance will not be under much scrutiny unless you totally disappear without having developed significant tenure, IE over 150 raid entries. We will remove members who disappear for extended periods.
7. You will be assigned a mentor. We will do some initial and pre-vote assessments via parsing to set a baseline for your improvement. We want you to succeed and you need to be willing to take direction and coaching. Your Mentor who will help you with all your concerns and assist you with any questions that occur.
8. Keys, Flags, and Gear- While we do not require these things to be fully met by recruits, we do expect to see evidence that you have taken the effort to develop your character. We will help you get the flagging you need to progress and raid with us. Gear is a natural by-product of raiding. The more you raid the faster you will get geared up. Intelligently use your DKP to improve your main. Do not bid up gear that is focused on other class needs unless you can get it for a bargain. Melee bidding on caster gear and non-tanks biding on tank gear will be viewed negatively. Avoid spending DKP on alts. We need you to improve your main character to be an effective raider first.
9. NO DRAMA…Did I say NO DRAMA? It is expected that you treat everyone better than the way you wish to be treated. We do not tolerate complaining, bad mouthing, slurs, pointing blame, or excessive competitism. Correct any miscommunications quickly. We are a team that works as a team. We strive to maintain an atmosphere where all of our members will excel.
10. Have a click/potion/AA to shrink, gate, invis and IVU yourself. EVERYONE is required to shrink for every raid no matter what class you are unless explicitly approved by the raid leader on an event by event basis. Typically only reserved for the main assist or crowd control.
11. Expansions- own them all in a timely manner after the release. We understand real life and budgeting, but missing expansions will severely limit what you can do with your guild.
12. Have a good attitude. You need to have a raider’s outlook on failure. There are no lessons in victory, but a thousand in failure. We will wipe on new events and, heaven forbid, occasionally on farm targets. It is important to keep a positive attitude to keep the raid moving forward and functioning smoothly. If you want to learn more or gain insight- use your class mentors who have advice to help your game play.
13. Finally, do not use any macro-hacks, macroquest, or anything like them…EVER. Do not ask for personal information from members including account information. To do so will end your membership and you will be reported.
1. Clerics, Druids, and Shaman- Play as Healers first and foremost. You need to be able to solo heal your group and help with the Main and Off Tanks. Just healing your group is not even close to enough.
2. Warriors, Shadow Knights, and Paladins- The only reason to have a tank on a raid is to take a beating so others do not. This means you must Disc to survive and snap agro on the mobs. You are a detriment to the raid if you can’t get the mobs attention and survive the encounter. You must be constantly communicating in channel about your status and making yourself useful. Tanks have a special channel with our healers so they can recieve orders...be in it at all times.
3. ALL DPS classes- You absolutely need to excell as DPS. You must be able to shed aggro and survive. We do parse so do not slack. ALL classes should please be open to advice from our raid leaders.
4. Support classes- You absolutely need to communciate and be prepared for expected events. If we get adds every X+30 seconds, you MUST be casting on those mobs at X+30.5 seconds. Coordinate with your groups to optimize their DPS. Effectively use all of your time doing something beneficial.
After your 30 day recruitment, a 5 day guild wide vote occurs to determines your acceptance into Frayed Knot. The options include Yes, No, or More Time.
If a recruit receives 5 No, the applicant will be terminated.
If a recruit receives a combination of 5 More Time or No votes, the applicant will get a 2 week extention where a Yes or No vote will be posted. If the final result has 5 or more No votes the applicant will be terminated.
View the full thread at The Main Forums